Saturday, September 22, 2012

I Like Purple Haired People Okay

Status update thing (I really don't know what to call this)

Anime I've recently finished:


Arcana Famiglia
I recently finished this anime at 12 episodes, it had some funny, cute moments but overall it wasn't that impressive, the ending was predictable and a bit boring, besides this though the anime did have some interesting characters and it was a fun watch I guess. I think they could of done a lot more with the plot that they had, and it felt rather rushed, it they had paced it out more and gone a lot deeper into the story then I think I would liked it a lot more. 


Anime I've recently started watching:


Kuroko no Basket
I finally got around to watching this and I'm loving it! It's amazing, I'm usually not into sport themed stuff but this is just amazing, (plus I don't mind basketball since I use to play netball, which is a lot like basketball just milder and a tad different). Plus it has some real lookers ;) Haha. Kuroko actually kind of remids me of myself a bit, the invisible thing and all, I've had multiple teachers and people forgot that I'm even in the room, a few weeks ago a substitute teacher even said to me "Sorry I keep forgetting that you're even here even though you're right in front of me" =_= I told her I was a ninja but she didn't hear me :L I've only watched 10 episodes so far so I haven't met all the 5 miracles yet, (I'm anticipating the purple haired one simply because he has purple hair).




Manga I've recently read:


Duck Prince
Duck Prince is absolutely entertaining, it's quite weird but that's why I like it, I love unusual things. It's about this small ugly boy who wishes to be good looking and he gets his wish granted by a dog who is actually a prince. Yeah. He even gets 'raped' by his 'sister', who's not really his sister by blood; his step sister technically. It's really crazy but God it had me laughing. I haven't read it all yet because it hasn't yet been fully translated, so I'm waiting for the next chapter which probably won't come out in another million years. (;_;)








No Free Time to Get Dirty
AH, I love this manga. It's pretty much about a girls sexual life really and her struggles with it. It starts of in the present time then  keeps on going back to the past starting with her first boyfriend who she technically cheated on him (?)(this part's kind of complicated, to me it looked as if she was being raped by the damn guy even though she said she'd go with him still, anyway you'd have to read it). Now the guy (her first boyfriend) is friends with her and she confides in him a lot when it comes to her love life, but now it seems she has feelings for him. I haven't finished reading it yet because it hasn't been fully translated yet :L So I'm not sure when it'll ever be updated. Oh and here's a cap I took-  
(I just thought this was so funny)




Ai Dano Koi Dano
Yes, a Yaoi, I found it while browsing through tags on Bakaupdates and said, what the heck. It was good enough that I read to the end although I wasn't that fussed on the second story for obvious reasons if you've read it, all in all it wasn't amazing and for me it was forgettable. I'm very picky when it comes to Yaoi and Yuri/Shounen-Ai and Shoujo-ai, the story has to be to my complete liking and the art has to be fucking good so yeah. 



9 Faces of Love
A collection of oneshots. I rather like these stories they were quite unique and I especially loved the first story. Although I liked the stories though the art wasn't exactly the best and the scans I read were kind of small and hard on the eyes, but the plots made up for that. I especially like the cover for the manga, I'm not sure why, I guess I just like the lax look about it. :) I really like Manhwa, but I've noticed that a lot of it is really fast paced and hard to understand so that's the only thing that puts me off manhwa. 







Ai Girl
This manga is so messed up and so incredibly cheesy but I read it anyway, this is the life of a shoujo manga reader, na matter how cheesy, we will prevail to the end...and then possibly make jokes about it and make fun of it but maybe that's just me cough. It's about a girl who has a weak heart and only has a year left to live, she falls in love with her teacher and eventually he falls in love with her too then this guy Akira, Akira being the little brother of the guy who went out with the teacher's little sister and ended up crashing his motor bike with the little sister on it and dying along side her, WHILE the teacher chased them on his motorbike, and Akira blames his brother's death on the teacher, Sougo I think his name is, Akira ends up molesting the main girl with the heart problem, Souko, and then later rapes Souko's elder sister to make her do what he says, so then Akira ends up living with them and continues to have a sexual relationship with the elder sister then he ends up drugging Souko and tying her to a chair while having a party with people fucking everywhere, blah blah blah, Sougo saves her but shit happens and now her elder sister has teamed up with Akira so she can get her hands on Sougo because she likes him, so she turns all dominatrix. And that's where I left it because it hasn't been fully translated yet. Yep, crazy. Can I just say though that the 3rd volume cover is SO pretty, oh and I noticed that the art got better along the way. 

I've also been reading quite a few of Asumiko Nakamura's works recently, she's a favourite mangaka of mine, I love her work and her art is so unique. So far I've only read:
- B&W
- Adolte and Adarte
Anata no Tame Nara Doko Made mo
Barairo no Hoo no Koro
J no Subete 

I've also been reading Yamaji, Ebine's works. All the translated one's are yuri but I like them, they're mature, not cliche at all, the stories are told excellently and the art is nice and simple and really just flows. I really like the way this mangaka sets things out and I hope more of her work gets translated in the future. I'm about to read the last translated one, Sweet Lovin' Baby

Well, I'll leave it here, this is what I've been up to lately, peacekies ^_^/ 
Oh...I just noticed that most of these manga have been quite sexual o_o Wtf?

No comments:

Post a Comment